Friday, January 23, 2015

Project Life by Stampin' Up!

Project Life is memory keeping of your Everyday life!

Project Life is pocket page protectors where you can just slide in photos or you can include photos with journaling cards.

For 2014, my first year doing "52 You", my version of Project Life, I used two 8 X 8 albums from Stampin' Up.  In the Holiday catalogue of 2013, they had variety pkgs. of 8X8 page protector designs. I thought that size was perfect for the first time.
I didn't know when I ordered the yellow album from clearance, that I would need another one, so had to order the green striped one as that is all they had left in that size.

For 2015, I will be using a 12 X 12 album with all different page protectors (because that is what I have on hand right now), then decide later which design I like the best. The pages are leftover from the Baby album I did HERE for our soon to arrive great-grandson.


Week 2 gives a good over view of what I like to include in my "52 You" project life album.
We are big hockey fans and even bigger World Junior Hockey fans, so when Canada won GOLD....that HAD to be included.

I print all my photos on my Canon Selphy 910 printer which connects wirelessly to my iPad where I have most of my photos anymore.

Embellishing is not as important as recording a little something about the photo. Some photos are self explanatory.

One thing I wanted to do more of, in 2015, is to include more journaling.

Week 3 has journaling cards from the Everyday Adventure Project Life Card Collection. Backgrounds for the photos were ether 3X4 cards or I trimmed the 4X6 cards.

Even my 2014 albums made it to Week 3, as that is when I finally caught up. I had only just purchased the Canon Selphy in November and catching a few minutes here & there is how I kept up.....oh and having my "52 You" planner helped (more on that below).


Addition: Here is the photo from the top left. We ordered Yoda caps for great-grandson and grand-daughter (its a joke between Biff (her grandpa) & Trista) and when we saw the yoda caps on my Instagram feed - we had to order.

For the photo, on the top left of week 3, I cut the lower part of the design so that the photo could slip under it, like a tab is added on top. This idea came Marcy Penner - she showed this in some of her videos for Two Peas in a Bucket (no longer in business).
The photo and the coordinating journal card are covered until mid March (check back & I'll have uploaded a full view photo then) as its a surprise.

I decided to start Project Life system of scrapbooking because the other way wasn't working - those boxes of photos were still sitting waiting to be put into albums and journaled about.
Lately, whenever the family gets together, we have been going through photos - some we have no idea who the people are or where....so using a system like Project Life would alleviate that for future generations.

As I said earlier, the only way I was able to keep track of happenings in 2014 and then match them with photos in my iCloud or Dropbox folders were my "52YOU" planner.

I draw out the design of the page protector, so I know what sizes of photos or journaling cards or scrapbook papers, I would need.
I include the Week number and the dates for that week. I will make notes below and once the week is over, pencil in the photos into the spaces on the drawn page protector.  Sometimes, I move things around but usually this is the plan that stays.

I don't worry about colours or that all the papers match. I am just making sure that our Everyday Life is recorded......for that great-grandson who is arriving in a few weeks.

If you need help getting started, just comment below and we can work on that together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis